Upgrade transfers
pianomark

With the new Verizon plan, my line was used for an upgrade for my sister's phone. Her phone is on a device payment plan, but my line is listed as the one with the device payment. I can't transfer an eligible upgrade from one of the other lines to mine. Why is that? Is there a way around it that doesn't involve me going to a Verizon store to override it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Upgrade transfers
Weth
Legend

The problem is it is a big misunderstanding that upgrades transfer, they don't.  Your line was used for the device payment upgrade, and that phone is just being used on your sisters line, but it is your upgrade.  And the device payment plan is appropriately on your line.  There is nothing to override, it is correct. 

IF it had been a contract, you could use someone else's upgrade to get a phone for you.  But you have the device payment on your line, so you can't put a contract upgrade on there until that device payment plan is paid off.

Only only thing you can do, is have someone with an upgrade available get a phone, don't activate it in their account, but put it on yours. 

You you just have to,understand that upgrades really don't transfer, and you can't have an upgrade on a line with an active device payment plan. 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
pianomark

Can that someone already be on my account? My dad's line is eligible for an upgrade Smiley Happy

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

yes

0 Likes