Verizon Denying promotional offers
viking61

Verizon offered A $200 trade-in for purchasing a Motorola turbo 2 phone. I have been waiting for two weeks to get the promotional code to start the trade in process. Upon calling Verizon today to find out where the code is I was told that such a promotion never existed and therefore the most they can give me is $28.00. 56 minutes on the phone most of it being put on hold for Verizon to tell me that no such offer ever existed. I have spoken with multiple Verizon employees over the phone, chats on the website, and three different Verizon stores speaking with both employees and managers of those stores, all telling me about this promotional offer only now to be told that it didn't ever exist. In their stores they have this promotional offer in writing. They are now reneging on this offer.

I will fight Verizon on this, where do I begin the fight against Verizon to honor the promotion that was offered to me multiple upon multiple occasions? If they think that I am just a stupid sucker who will say OK and walk away they are wrong.

I have no problem taking Verizon to court over this. I have Verizon managers and employees hand writing on paper offering this promotion so they cannot deny that it ever existed because they wrote it down and gave it to me.

What's my first step to take before I contact my attorney?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon Denying promotional offers
mama23dogs
Legend

The trade in offer was worded "up to $200 trade in ..." 

The device recycling program has been ongoing for quite some time and will provide a gift card or credit for the value of the phone, up to $200.  

0 Likes
viking61

And I was told by every single Verizon employee and manager that yes it

would be $200 and I have it in writing

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

I Found non Verizon mentions of $100 credit from a month ago.  But offers come and go. 

WHat exactly do you have in writing?

0 Likes
viking61

They wrote down on paper the cost of the phone the cost of the plan the 200

and some people wrote down $300 credit along with the tax even a tablet and

the cost of accessories totaling the amount subtracting the $200 gift card

and then the final bill it's in their writing not mine.

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

IT sounds like they wrote down a lot of different numbers, without what they were for And why you would get a credit.

A List of possibilities and options isn't much help. 

MY contract was on a tablet, which is what I read and signed.  The only physical paperwork was the printed receipt after my sale.  Any figures on paper were prior to deciding on my phones and plan options.  In the end, my choices were included in my contract and customer agreement.  It included printed information on credits I was eligible for and when they would appear on my bill.

Verizon has a lot of offers and credits for people switching service.  There are fewer offers for current customers.

The offers have to be followed to the letter and they change often.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to ensure your concerns are resolved. Are you still needing assistance in regards to reviewing this matter?

KleoL_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes