Verizon Retail Outlet
jss5512

After a decade with Verizon, this was the first time I have been disappointed. It wasn't with Verizon itself but with a retail outlet.

They pressured me into getting a jet pack. I must have told the salesperson at least twenty times that I wasn't interested in one. The two of them spent an hour pressuring and telling me what a great Black Friday deal I was getting. I was informed that I would get $10 credit every month, so it was free and to sweeten the deal; there would be another $100 credit on my account. I told them I really didn't care for any of that, I really did NOT want the jet pack.

I finally relented just to get out of there. The last thing I said to them was, "I really don't want the jet pack. I am really upset at Verizon right now for practically forcing me to get this." I remember frowning. The salesperson gave a weak laugh as if I was telling a joke. I turned around went back and told them I didn't want it. They spent another 10 minutes or so telling why it was so good for me. It was exhausting.

When I got home and talked to a representative, she confirmed what I had already known. There will be NO $10.00 discount on my bill and there is no $100 credit on my account. She double checked and went to make sure there wasn't some retail special. There wasn't. She apologized on behalf of the retailer. She was very courteous. She stated, "If the customers say they don't want something, you leave it alone."

I took it back within 12 hours of purchasing it. Now there is a $35.00 restocking fee on something that I never wanted and never even took out of the box. So much for saving money on Black Friday. I am really upset right now at the retailer. My otherwise good holiday weekend has been ruined. I feel like the salespeople at the retailer are a great deal like to a car salesperson.

I can't seem to shake this feeling. I also can't enjoy my new Note 5.

Labels (1)
0 Likes