Re: My data plan was changed without my knowledge or consent, and now I cannot get it returned.
emmb
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yes, had I not received a data overage notice I would have had no idea that my plan was changed. 

I can understand that mistakes are made.  But then they should be fixed, and mine has not been.

Despite the time lost to dealing with it I would have been happy to leave it at that if they had fixed their error.  The customer service reps all agreed it was clearly a mistake, and that the change should be undone.  They tried to cancel the change as it had been less than a day since it was made...  that did not work for some reason.  Then they tried submitting requests to restore the account...it was supposed to be fixed in couple of days...I followed up...more requests were submitted...more waiting...more follow up....on and on....  Apparently it has become a war of attrition?  I don't know if that was the intent, but if Verizon continues to battle their customers rather than help them, customers are going to stop funding that war.