Re: New to Verizon - Have MANY Feature/Plan Questions...
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Welcome to Verizon and welcome to the 21st Century, albeit kicking and screaming....:smileyvery-happy:

I'll try to answer your concerns as best I can -I don't see that they "slipped you any extras" - your texting plan is there, as is the insurance, and all the other features are included.  I'll try and explain them.

Streamlined Billing - No printed detailed paper bills-just summaries.  You can view details online.

Caller ID

3-Way Calling

Call Waiting  - you will get "beeped" if a call comes in while you are on a call.  You CAN turn this...

Call Forwarding

M2M NATIONAL UNLIMITED

Block V CAST Video Clips Data blocked

Block V CAST Music Data blocked

250 Text, Picture and Video Messages

MOBILE WEB

NATIONAL ACCESS ROAM-MB

NEW EVERY TWO

Block Application Downloads Data blocked

No Answer/Transfer

Call Delivery

Call Forward - No Answer

Basic Voice Mail

Block Ringback Tone Purchase Data blocked

UNL NIGHT & WEEKEND MIN

OTA SOFTWARE UPDATE

GENERAL IP ADDRESS

PAY AS YOU USE MEGABYTE DATA  - No data plan, if you use data you will be charged $1.99/MB, but it looks like you have data blocks in place....that's good.

Block Premium Messaging Premium services blocked

TEC PHONES This is your Total Equipment Coverage - Insurance

I see the 250 txt msgs (obviously) but I do not see the insurance I bought on both phones(TEC is your insurance) & I want to be sure I didn't get "slipped" any extras. I could also use a crash course on what the rest of all this is (means) & how to use it. Like/for instance what is the difference - no answer transfer or call forward no answer? Not sure. Is call waiting automatic or something I must activate? It's automatic, unless you turn it OFF.  What is the Gen IP Addy for? I don't know! What does TEC phones mean?Insurance I want to make sure I don't accidentally use a feature that is pay as you go (a la carte)... did I manage to block everything?Looks like it

PLEASE HELP ME!!

I require patient guidance - in simple, detailed English...

I would be most grateful!!

Signed:

"Dragged kicking & screaming into the 21st century... now I'm confused..."

0 Likes