Did you know you have rights?FTC, FCC, and State attorney General & small claims!
GARS415

I am hearing people say that they are at the end of their rope with Verizon. Well, I can completely say, I feel your pain.  Please make sure you email or chat them, and if not then record them. For over a week now I have a replacement device that is STILL in transit. Verizon use to be a company that cared about their customers and took care of them. I was once proud to say I am a Verizon customer and I would never leave. Well you can bet that by the time the dust settles and this comes to a resolution, me and all my 5 lines, including my fiancee's 2 lines which are listed on a separate account of her own, my mom's account, and then my father in law, will be leaving Verizon for good. The customer service is so bad that I would honestly rather dig a hole and bury the phone, and go start a contract with another carrier. I honestly do not feel like that ANYONE besides Verizon would be better. Even after posting on facebook, replying in a private message as I was instructed, Verizon continues to lie, which everyone is BREACH OF CONTRACT AND IT IS A BAD FAITH CLAIM, to its customers. I almost feel like i am reading the little boy who cried wolf, to my son again. Here is all you here from Verizon... " im so sorry. We do not want to lose you as a loyal customer. Please contact us so we can get a resolution for you. Out of the 7 people i have spoken with since 4/29/15, not ONE of you have provided any resolution. For ALL my aggravation time and money that has been completely wasted on this company, I actually had a Rep to offer me a $30 credit towards my account. I honestly couldnt help but laugh.  $30.. thats what my time, and your screw up is worth. $30 doesnt even cover the Temporary Replacement phone I had to purchase because my replacement phone got shipped as 3-5 shipping (which with all the other problems should have been overnighted or given the option to go into a VZ store) , then it sat at your Ft. Worth TX warehouse for a week with a tracking number, just sitting there. Called and informed them of what the tracking number has indicated.  I was again put off and given the standard speech that it is in transit and it will be there. I asked for the delivery date and was told that it would be delivered today by USPS. Well being that the package was sitting in FT. Worth TX and I am in Savannah, GA , I found that to be a little unlikely unless Verizon had invented some type of time travel machine for packages. Oh, and it was at 4pm and my USPS had already been delivered, just FYI. 3 days later, on a Thursday, I again pull up the tracking and it is still showing the same thing. This of course is just one of the issues, which is the major priority to me.  We can discuss later on, if we have time, the fact that my plan was not receiving the discounts that it was suppose to have been, my alert emails were going to my ex-mother in law, A line that was suppose to have been set up to cancel/delete on 2/15/15, I had been deceived at what Verizon calls " authorized dealer" that my $40 upgrade fee was included in the total of $167, when I upgraded the phone, now its up to me to again take my time and money and go back into a store that is MARKED Verizon, employees wear and represent themselves as a Verizon Rep, to prove that I paid the $40 upgrade in the total of $167 paid that day, since now I am being billed for it AGAIN on my bill! All this while I am being billed for all services, and if you look on your bill, you are also being billed a month in advance. And of course at random dates my service is suspended for payment at whatever day Verizon feels it necessary.  Yet Im the one that gets a letter saying I can not go on the Edge program because of a suspension in the last 6 months??? Really?? Well, Verizon, now I ask you.. what kind of compensation would YOU be looking for if you were me? Time from my business which is just as valuable as yours, Time with my family(which is most important), Clients I have lost due to the inability of Verizon to get me a replacement phone quickly, and even after a conversation with Tech Support (Chris) on Thursday at 11:12pm was PROMISED they would be tracking down the package and call me at 2pm to get a resolution, which is all I heard from Chris, was that he was here to provide a resolution and He PROMISED. Well I held my breath on that phone call. So glad that I really didnt because I would be dead being this is the next day drawing on the 2pm hour.. I posted on facebook and was AGAIN asked if they could please help to get a resolution and to send a private message. Do you think I got a response to that message? That was also yesterday. So again.. if this were you.. the person that is reading this and thinking about calling and asking me if you can please help to provide a resolution... think LONG and HARD....My time, the money i have spent on a temporary phone, the minutes for that, the current charges to my Verizon and of course we cant forget about the month ahead!!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Did you know you have rights?FTC, FCC, and State attorney General & small claims!
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
GARS415,

Having a working phone is definitely important so I understand your frustration. I apologize you have not received your replacement. When was the replacement ordered? Standard free shipping for replacement phones is 3 to 5 business days. We do have overnight shipping available for $12.99. Was this options offered to you when you? If you send me a direct message I can take a look at your account and check the status of your phone delivery, as well as the upgrade fee you are referring to.

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Did you know you have rights?FTC, FCC, and State attorney General & small claims!
mama23dogs
Legend

IT sounds like you might be self employed, as I am.  I purchased a spare phone from eBay for $219 that has the same size SIM card.  If anything happens to my main phone, all I have to do is move the SIM card.

All carriers are lowering service costs, so in exchange they are being very strict on equipment.  We buy it, it's ours, if it breaks, that is on us.  Either we have to carry insurance, or buy a replacement at retail cost.  I have two used phones I bought online and the rest of my phones were purchased at full retail cost.  I don't insure and in 20 years, my son is the only one who broke a phone (puppy found it and returned it with teeth punctures).

I Guess my message is, you can switch, but you may find the same problems elsewhere. 

pherson
Champion - Level 1

IT appears that the poster is not aware of what the actual policy and procedures are. I'd be more than happy to clear them up.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

OP only uses FTC, FCC St AG and small claims in the headline, but nowhere in the op-ed piece above.

0 Likes