Duped by a retail store and now they will not take care of me, What are my options?
everett000

I was given a "too good to be true" promotion on an I-Pad at the retail store in Arkadelphia, Arkansas. 2 days later I found out that everything was not as promised. I was angry that I had been mislead by the sales reps at the store. I returned the I-Pad to the store only to find out now they wanted to charge me a restocking fee of $70 dollars.

I will admit I was angry and maybe could have listened to their sales pitch of why I should keep the I-Pad, but they had not been fully forthcoming with all the details 2 days earlier so why would I want to listen to another sales pitch. I went back and fourth between the 1-800 customer service and the sales clerk. Customer service told me to ask for the manager of the store. When I asked to speak to the store manager the person I was speaking with told me "I am the manager" and she had made her decision "You are going to pay the restocking fee". Later I noticed an employee who had walked over close to me when I was talking to customer service on the phone. The employee's name badge said "General Manager".  I asked "Are you the person in charge of this store?" to which she replied yes.

I once again felt I had been deceived. Why would have the store manager not identified herself when I asked for the store manager earlier, instead she walks over close to hear my conversation with the 1-800 Verizon customer service.

I went back and forth with the store all day long. The store manager held her ground stating "You had signed the contract" and she even highlighted the receipt where it had the restocking fee listed. (What I signed is an I-Pad screen and then my signature is inserted onto the receipt.) I wonder how many customers read the whole contract of what they are signing.

To make a long story short the store never gave me back the $70 dollars. Verizon Customer service did credit me for my loss. I just do not think it is fair that the store who mislead me also got to charge me a restocking fee.

I know I need to let it go since Verizon Customer Service did take care of me. From now on I will never deal with a retail store. I will do all my interaction with Verizon Online where I will not have to worry about a sales rep, wanting to make extra commission, and leave a lot of the details out.

I have been a Verizon customer for 10 years and will remain one if I stay out of the retail stores.

Labels (1)
0 Likes