Re: Verizon - Sneakily clubbing you over the head every chance they get
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Here is why your asks will not be granted.

1.) By your admission you did not check your bill but on a quarterly basis. Your wife, acting as your representative, signed the contract and accepted the Jetpack and it's activation and fees. Whether or not the sales rep specifically said that there was a monthly charge this happened. A contract is a contract. My guess is that she was told that the bill could be lowered with the addition of the jetpack. In this case if you were saving money on the bill even with the jetpack you have made out. Have you used the jetpack? I don't any business who gives away a free service. That doesn't make good business sense.

2.) Your instructions to connect to Wi-Fi while on holiday may have been specifically followed by your children but this does not negate the fact that a.) Wi-Fi is only data and does not turn off the wireless network that allows calls and texts and b.) your son was sending and receiving texts. If the phone connects to the local network while roaming and is used those charges are valid. They should not and will not be refunded on the basis that you did not understand how device connectivity works. Be thankful that he wasn't using the local network for mobile data without a subscription as those charges are $20.48 per 1 megabyte. There are 1,024 megabytes in 1 gigabyte. That is a $20,000 bill.

I don't think that either of your problems are Verizon's to fix or refund to you. They are your problems to deal with.