I lost my unlimited data plan?!
played
Enthusiast - Level 2

About a year and a half ago I lost my iPhone 4 while hiking so I decided to pick up an iPhone 5s.  I went to BestBuy and they told me that if I purchased a phone through them I would lose my unlimited data plan.  So, I decide to try Verizon directly before I purchased a phone off the street at full value, which I was more than happy to do to keep my unlimited data plan.  You see, I fully understand the value of an unlimited data plan due to the pace at which technology is advancing.  Not long ago people laughed at the idea of watching movies on a personal computer and home network because they couldn't comprehend the idea of "streaming" and the mind boggling amount of data it would take to achieve this feat.  I did not laugh then and I anticipate the same evolution with smart phone technology as we're already seeing today.  Therefore, when I called Verizon directly and spoke with a salesperson inquiring about purchasing a new iPhone 5s at a discounted rate because my 2 year contract had expired, I specifically asked, "Will I be able to keep my Unlimited data plan?"  The salesperson said, "Yes."  Well, it wasn't true and Verizon bumped me to a limited monthly data plan.  I called a few months later once I discovered that my plan was changed (Yes, it took a few months to notice the change.  Look at your latest bill and see if you can find the name of you data plan.  At the time, this info was found I believe on page 4 after a blank page, somewhere in a long list of other plan features and it had a code name that did not say "data plan" or anything of the sort.  It took a call center supervisor several painful minutes to walk me through locating the web page where I could click on a link to download an electronic copy of my bill, then talked me through a scrolling exercise that lasted several pages of the pdf file as I just described).  Bottom line - my request was rejected because I should have noticed the change and called immediately.  But why would I even bother looking for a change in my plan when the salesperson told me I could keep my Unlimited data plan?  My bad.  I should never have trusted (and will never trust again) Verizon sales people.

Am I the only long term, loyal Verizon customer that got, well, shafted like this?  I would absolutely LOVE to hear if anyone else received similar treatment.

-played

Labels (1)
0 Likes