Re: An Open Letter to Verizon -- Too many customer service fails
rcschnoor
Legend

VerizonPleaseShapeUp wrote:

8. I get a 21% discount through my employer.  We got this discount when on the family plan with my sister, so I asked if I could just roll this discount over to my new plan; I didn’t really care one way or the other whether they removed the discount from my sister’s plan or not. They said no, I have to validate my employment again and it will take 1-2 billing cycles for it to show up. And no, they can’t take it off of her plan even though she is not employed by the company that is getting us the discount.  So Verizon would rather just lose money by giving someone a discount they’re not entitled to…???

9. Since it takes 1-2 billing cycles for the employee discount to show up, I asked a Verizon rep if I would be able to apply the discount retroactively to the bills that it didn’t show up on.  I kid you not, he said “It depends on who you talk to.”  Verizon, you need to have a policy in place.  The answer should be either yes or no.  If you do have a policy in place, your reps don’t know about it. Perhaps they need better training.

10. After my employment was validated for my 21% discount, I inquired whether I can have this discount retroactively applied.  The rep flat out said no, but she can give me 500mb of data free for a year instead.  I looked up the price per month of 500mb of data on the More Everything Plan.  It’s $20/month.  I have absolutely no trust in Verizon so I didn’t want her to touch my plan, plus I don’t need more data, and we all know you get nothing for free with Verizon, so I told her no, I don’t want the free data.  I just want a credit of $14.70 (which is 21% off of my $70 data plan) on my next bill.  Even though what I was asking for was cheaper than what they were offering me, she still said she is unable to credit me $14.70.  Verizon, what the hell?!

Verizon does have a policy. They will not retroactively apply a discount to your account.