Unauthorized phones/lines on account, do I need to send a police report and my driver's license??
HotBacon
Enthusiast - Level 2

After hearing the same thing happened to a coworker last night, I checked my account and discovered 2 new iPhones/lines were added to my plan without my knowledge.  I chatted with support online, who told me to call a fraud line.  I did so, and found that option 2 (for "unauthorized charges") told me to call my financial institution and disconnected me.  That obviously didn't help, so I chatted again.  They told me to call the same number and choose option 3.  I did so, and was connected to a human.  I explained the situation and they transferred me to a different department.  I explained the situation again, and they put me on hold.  The line started ringing again and a new representative asked me to explain the situation again, so I did.  They transferred me to ANOTHER department and I went through the whole story again.  This guy puts me on hold and comes back and tells me I have to 1) file a police report, 2) fax the police report to Verizon, and 3) fax a copy of my driver's license to Verizon.

This just feels super shady to me.  Why should I have to file a police report when it was my Verizon account that was hacked?  Should it be local, state, or federal police?  Why do they need my driver's license?  Why can they not just remove the lines from my account?

Anyone else experience this level of frustration????

Labels (1)
0 Likes