Why won't my Network Extender recognize my devices?
huchingf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've worked with Tech Support over several days and nights to get the network extender to recognize my Samsung S3 and S4 phones. It did work with the S4 for a very short period of time. I've rebooted the router, extender, phones and dialed #48 until I am an old hand at it. Any ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Network Extender Samsung SCS 2U201
Snn5
Legend

What exactly is it not doing correctly?  Connecting, recognizing the code, what color are the 4 lights?

0 Likes
huchingf
Enthusiast - Level 2

All lights on the network extender are solid blue. The extender does not recognize either the S3 or S4 phone.

0 Likes
huchingf
Enthusiast - Level 2

All lights on the extender are solid blue. The problem is that it will not

recognize my two Samsung phones, S3 and S4.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Can you switch either phone to 3G only in Network Settings?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend
0 Likes
huchingf
Enthusiast - Level 2

Not that I can see. I get only 3G here at my home location.

0 Likes
huchingf
Enthusiast - Level 2

I went to Add/Delete/Edit contacts in Managed Access. Both cell phone numbers for the S4 and S3 were there in the managed account. I deleted them. I added them again and now the Samsung S4 is recognized. The S3 is not. I am most concerned with the S4 so I'll leave well enough alone.

hanssimon
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had similar issue with my Network Extender with both my iphones -- the extender has all Blue solid lights telling me GPS connected.  VerizonWirles had me run 8X8 test, and said that it was my Comcast internet issue, so comcast came out and laid new line to my house.

Still not working -- I came to this forum and figured out the issue.  In my preferences, I turned of  LTE voice and data, and now my phone on 3G is picking up the extender and I have 100% bars on my phone.

The issue is that Network Extender is for 3G only -- "LTE coming in the future," I am frustrated but found my answer.

verizonwireless should have this logged as an KB article to search.

View solution in original post