Echo on Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect-Why? How to Correct?
ClinchMtnMan

Several months ago we switched from Verizon land line service to "Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect". (4G Cellular). Up until a month or so ago all was good. Now we have a very strong ECHO on our end only (the person on the other end does not hear it) during many calls. Sometimes it's there and sometimes it's not. But we've not seen any pattern (time of day, etc.) Also, it always lasts for the entire call; does not come and go during a call.

This echo is so annoying that we hate to make or answer a phone call.

What is the cause of the echo?  How can it be corrected?

Perhaps coincidentally, the signal strength has dropped from a consistent 3-4 bars to a consistent 1-2 bars. Can't help but wonder if there is a correlation.

If we cannot get this corrected we will go back to a land line; and NOT likely Verizon.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Echo on Verizon Wireless Home Phone Connect-Why? How to Correct?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
I'd love to ensure your service is running in top form! Is the antenna fully extended on the device? Do you notice that this is occurring with other landlines? Have you attempt to adjust the volume level of the home phone while on the call?

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
ClinchMtnMan

YosefT_VZW, Thanks for your reply. To answer your questions:

1. Yes, the antennae if fully extended (and has not changed since installation).

2. This is not a land line and I have no land lines in the house. But it occurs with all connected extension phones (1 cordless set of 4, and 1 hard wired desk phone).

3. And, Adjusting the volume does not make any difference to the echo problem.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Dial *228 from the phone. Maybe it just needs to be updated to the towers again.

bigedac

I have the same problem with the echo.  I tried to update the two lines that we have.  I used option #2, not sure if that was the correct one.  Still have the echo.  Also many times we get calls on both lines that no one is there.  Sometimes that person will call right back and then it works fine, except for the echo.  Echo seems worst in summer with leaves on trees.  Help!

0 Likes
frisco_lines

We have the same problem.  Upgraded to the 4G home phone moden a couple of months ago and now the echo is more often than before.  We have spent almost 6 hours on the phone with Verizon trying to resolve the problem but still no resolution.  Recently installed the Samsung extender through Verizon to provide maximum signal.  Verizon suggested to get the latency increased to see if that would resolve the issue but internet provider said that couldn't be done.

0 Likes