Unable to activate new phone on my prepaid account
pats22

I have a replacement phone to add to my existing prepaid account. I followed the directions via the phone number to activate it online. However, I get a message "My Verizon is temporarily unavailable as we work to improve our system to serve you better. We apologize, please try again later".  I have been trying this for several hours.  There was no Live help available for prepaid customers. So I contacted Live help via the sales page (knew they'd be there). They sent me to prepaid customer service (supposedly), but after waiting online for 5 minutes, I was informed by that rep that she could not access a prepaid account and gave me a second phone number to try. I asked if this would connect me with a person and she said yes.  However, it sent me to an automated message that gave me 2 choices- go back to main menu or hang up!  So, I dialed the 3rd phone number- provided in my phone's manual.  Entered my current number, phone MEI & SIM numbers and it automated response says that it was sending me to a customer service rep- then I get a message that I was disconnected and needed to redial that number- which I didn't have!  Worst most ineffective, fraudulent service I have ever encountered.  I have funds sitting in my prepaid account being held by Verizon and cannot activate the new phone with my existing number.  How do I activate this phone? If my only option is going to a service center- then Verizon should be telling existing customers that instead of deliberately giving out the wrong information.

Labels (1)
0 Likes