What happens when military deploys on edge contract?
morfusaf

So, I have been conducting some research.  I found what I believe to be true...

There are 2 options when a military person deploys.  He can suspend his account or he can terminate his account (the terminate requires the member be deployed at least 90+ days).

I am trying to figure out which is better for me and had some questions that my local Verizon store was unable to answer.

I found in the FAQs, that if i suspend my account then the upgrade time is not adjusted, it would remain the same even though I wasn't paying for the phone... Please let me know if this is not correct.  I am concerned about how it was worded because it says the upgrade eligibility is not adjusted... well does that mean you would still be eligible the same month... or at the same point once you have paid off X% of the phone based on the plan? 3

I don't want to deploy for 6  months, and then a new better phone is released but because I wasn't paying the edge fees i am unable to upgrade (without paying more).

So, question 1.)  If I suspend my edge account( or at least 1 line), will i still be able to upgrade the same month that normally would, or just once I pay the required amount  (in other words... either pay a larger sum upfront or have to wait another X months based on the suspension time).

I was also looking into the termination process... i found nothing really.

So question 2.) What is the process for terminating a line/service due to military deployment if on an edge account.  Is the member required to turn in the phone? Does the member get to keep the phone but is charged for the remaining balance? Does the member get to terminate the account and contract with no fees and keep the phone with no additional fees? ... what happens?

Verizon rep, please answer.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes