If you get a call about $37 and logging into myverizon37.com, don't do it!
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just got a call from a number that doesn't even make sense:

800-921-234

Ya! 9 numbers. Not 10. Why does Verizon let invalid numbers go thru when making calls?

Anyway, it's a SCAM. SCAM

To get your verizon username and password

They say to go to myverizon37.com and claim your reward.

I went ahead and did it and gave it all bogus info and amazing it logged me in! <<< Sarcasm.

It went thru asking my last 4 of my SSN and a Gotcha code and then after hitting enter, it told me I was very lucky, and then sent me to the real Verizon wireless site.

Better take care of this Verizon.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: If you get a call about $37 and logging into myverizon37.com, don't do it!
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It is the same scam that has been making the rounds for the last year or so.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
goofy174
Enthusiast - Level 1

Never heard of it before. Guess I've been lucky and I've been with VZW since, well, since they started offering cell service. However it doesn't answer the question as to why VZ lets goofy numbers thru. Seems awful easy to just have their computer look for stupid formatted numbers and block them. I'm guessing they don't because even on the scams like this, they make money, especially from those that have pay as you go service.

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The number and website they use change weekly or daily. There are several similar discussions on this community forum alone and who knows on other forum sites.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes