Re: Edge Plan is a RIP OFF!!
rawkluvah
Enthusiast - Level 1

The issue I take with the Edge Up and Verizon is that the representatives don't know one from the other what the program or policy is.  I was told that all I had to do if I want to switch from my Edge contract back to a 2-YR. contract is to have paid 50% of the retail cost of the Edge phone which in my case I had to make one payment of $24.87 and return that phone.  They refurbish those phones and in my case this phone was in near perfect condition.  I went into the local Verizon store, ordered the new iPhone 6, paid the cost for that phone at $199.99, taxes in my area of $8.33, last Edge Up payment $24.87 for a total of $233.19.  That's what the representative on the phone told me as well. That is what my receipt shows.  I placed my order with a store manager.  TWO MONTHS LATER, I'm getting a line item on my bill for an additional $300.  It states (for months 12-24)???. I'm being told I have to pay for the Edge up phone in full before I can go back on a 2-YR. contract.  And what, return the phone to you as well?  WHY would anyone do something so ridiculous?  Return a phone in new condition after paying full retail price for it. I should own that phone. Another representative is telling me they can't find the phone and that the charge is on there until they have located it. So now will I be charged another $300 if they don't find the phone for a total of $600? Had I known I had to return the Edge Up phone and pay full retail for it I never would have done so.  Do you think Verizon is going to own their mistake? NO WAY.  I am going to pay for it.  A customer for 15 years now.  I am so unhappy that I just upgraded three phones.  I have to decide now, do I write a check for $1,000 to leave this company?  I would except then I would have to buy new phones at another company and guess what, they hire the same people over there.  I've spent hours after hours, days adding up to weeks since the first day I decided to upgrade three phones in September.  It's now January 3rd.  I'm looking for an address to write a letter to the Director.  I'm on the NYSE where I've found the names of the CEO and other top executives.  I won't stop until I've found an address.  I will get a letter to them.  In the meantime, I spent over an hour on the phone with a representative who transferred me to a supervisor and my son did a chat this morning.  The supervisor was asked to call me back on my cell phone as my land line ran out of a charge.  I also asked her to put it the notes that she was to call me back. Do you think she called me back?  Of course not.  Part of our conversation was me pointing out how disrespected I've been.  Thanks for proving my point. My son was told this: "The $300 charge will stay on your bill until the phone is located".  When asked "is the charge then for the phone itself and will come off once it's found or is it for the remainder of the balance of the Edge Up contract?"  Her response was "you have to pay for the full balance of the contract" (which was at least $300). Once the phone is found, the charge will come off"...Are you kidding me?  I don't even know what she just said UNLESS I can expect another bill down the line for another $300 for the contract AFTER they locate the phone and take this $300 off.  IF they find that phone. "Who's on first?"