Re: Edge Plan is a RIP OFF!!
JaseXhesi
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got the Note 4 on edge. Deal running was $29 plus change so we'll say $30. Line fee for smartphones is $40 but for edge devices they offered a price break on that depending on what device. So my note 4 line fee is $15 and my edge payment a month is $30. Together $45. So $5 additional $ a month to get the device I wanted which on 2 year plan would have cost me $200 to buy. So over 2 years I pay $120. That's an $80 savings to go with edge program. Also- NO $30 ACTIVATION FEE FOR EDGE. so another $30 saved. So $110 saved overall with edge.

Now that has nothing to do with data cost. That's additional for the more everything which is lump sum you add ur line fees to.

As far as the insurance the agent wouldn't let you use that's bs. Sounds like she played you with a hard sales pitch. Then didn't explain edge to you very well. You're not "barrowing" the phone. You're paying for it. You can upgrade sooner. Which will start another payment plan for new device. Or ride with what you have as long as you want.

Problem is I don't think verizon has thought that far ahead. Unless there's extemely fine print the discounted line fee is what I have with no end. So when my 2 year up then no more paying for phone, no more $30 for that. Is my line fee still the $15? Or will it jump back to normal $40. According to paperwork I'm reading it should stay $15.

Edge is about a whole bunch of factors. Of course I selected a phone that was $30 a month. If you got a phone that was $25 or under then you're either breaking even in comparison of 2 yr vs Edge OR even saving $5

& they were running a special on 15 gb for $100 rather than $130 which I jumped on. 

We always went with the 2 year & only selected from the free phones offered to upgrade. If it's free 2 year is the way to go. But if you have to pay $150+ for phone I feel edge is better way to go because when you crunch numbers you save.

Sorry you ended up feeling conned. I feel insurance should have done something for you as opposed to what being pushed into something you weren't fully informed of something.  Store associates are extremely pushy about edge. Might be an employee incentive/bonus for how many they can get to do it.