Verizon iPhone 6 to T-Mobile
alexinsocal

Is it possible to buy a Verizon iPhone 6 and then take it to T-Mobile?

I'm thinking of purchasing with Verizon subsidized. Then take it to T-Mobile since they will pay my ETF with Verizon.

I see this as a win-win.

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizon iPhone 6 to T-Mobile
Weth
Legend

The Verizon iPhone 6 is unlocked and will work on the T-mobile network with no compromise.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

alexinsocal,

Hold the phone! We do not want to see you go. What has you wanting to leave the VZW family?

LindseyT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

Its always good to defraud the carrier. I am surprised no one else thought of that little gimmick.

Yeah good luck on that scheme. Verizon will more than likely have or place a block on the device from being activated on T-Mobile.

Then you spend full price on T-Mobile to get service from them.

lets see $800 iPhone you get it for $200 and then leave so then its a $350 termination fee owed to Verizon.

so its $550 you paid total.

saved $250 with the scheme.

then you go to T-Mobile and you cannot get service. so you buy new phone $800 plus tax and activation fees of $38 and sim kit $10 so lets round it out to $900

Yep you saved a load of money on this scheme.

Good Luck

Not applicable

Weth wrote:

The Verizon iPhone 6 is unlocked and will work on the T-mobile network with no compromise.

yes there is compromise. Verizon LTE is band 4 and band 13. T-Mobille doesn't use band 13. An band 4 is HSPA+ right now on T-Mobile. T-Mobile is also expanding their LTE by using band 12 which Verizon iPhones don't support. So I'm not sure who you get "no compromise". If I was going to T-Mobile I'd get a T-Mobile iPhone not play some scam to get a cheap phone.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Actually no compromises with iPhone 6. Even T-mobile's iPhone 6 does not support band 12.

Verizon uses bands 4 and 13 as you point out.

T-mobile uses bands 2 and 4 and roaming on 5. It will use band 12 in future (spectrum obtained from Verizon)

The Verizon iPhone 6 supports 1,2,3,4,5,7,8,13,17,18,19,20,25,26,28,29

So the iPhone 6 supports all the bands in current use. There is no compromise. As far as band 12, even the T-mobile iPhone does not support band 12, so again no compromise.

I did not make a comment on the ethics of the deal, just answered the question posed.

alexinsocal

The fact that Verizon will not let me keep my Unlimited data plan and subsidize a new phone. Once I'm forced to move to "Better Everything" and I compare pricing with T-Mobile; pricing is cheaper. I average 2.5-3MB/Mo.

I know that Verizon has better coverage, but I'm willing to save money with T-Mobile. When I do the math, after 2 years, I will save $1K. I also did account for my employee discount.

0 Likes
Not applicable

You seem to be missing the point of the other replies.

You won't be able to use your device on T-Mobile and T-Mobile no longer has corporate discounts.

So its a full price phone $800 plus $38 activation fee plus $10 Sim Kit plus taxes and administrative charges and not including the plan cost.

So you will pay more in the long run.

Just buy the iPhone at full cost and you don't lose the unlimited data. If the costs are still too high for you maybe a prepaid phone might be a better idea. Unlimited everything for $45-$60

Good Luck where ever you end up.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

Elector wrote:

a prepaid phone might be a better idea. Unlimited everything for $45-$60

A pre-paid phone on Verizon will not have unlimited everything. They would still have to pay for data.

0 Likes
Not applicable

I meant the ones like Cricket or Boost Mobile.

Verizons prepaid is junk.

But thank you for pointing that out

Just in case they thought I was talking about Verizon Prepaid

0 Likes