Lied to by Verizon store Salespeople and now my bill is higher than quoted.
jenniferanja

My husband and I have been with Verizon for 6 years and never had any problems.  We even brought over our parents on a family plan.  However, a few months ago we went to our local store to discuss upgrades for our 4 lines.  We decided to go to the edge plans and we're told by 2 separate salespeople on 2 different days that if we kept our old phones we'd only be charged $15/mo for line access.  We decided to go with this option temporarily as we were waiting for some of the new phones coming out.  Then, to our surprise, we get the bills and are being charged 40/mo instead of the twice quoted 15.  When we contacted customer service about this, we were told by 2 reps our only option was to return our equipment and go elsewhere. 

Is this really our only option?  I have been happy with Verizon for many years and have always recommended them to friends and family.  I am terribly disappointed in how this has been handled especially since we are not at fault and even double checked our information before signing up.  I'm hopeful we can find a better resolution and that I don't have return all my phones and go elsewhere.

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Lied to by Verizon store Salespeople and now my bill is higher than quoted.
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Did you buy new phones or do you still have the old ones? I am confused about what equipment you're instructed to return.

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

I can't follow what phones you are using now.

If you have 10 GB of data or more:

And you have phones out of contract, you can get your line charge down to $15/month

If you have phones active on the Edge plan, you will have the line chart of $15/month

If you have old phones but they are still in contract, that is $40/month

For the first option, where you have old phones out of contract, you need to add the month to month feature to your line (does not happen automatically which is pretty slimy), to get the $15/month.

0 Likes
Not applicable

Your post make little sense. Edge is PAYMENT plan for buying NEW phones. So did you buy new phones or did you keep you old phones on your line?

0 Likes
kiki2001

Doesn't seem too confusing. Op, were your 'old' phones more than a year old?

"if we kept our old phones we'd only be charged $15/mo for line access.  We decided to go with this option temporarily as we were waiting for some of the new phones coming out."

0 Likes
Not applicable

kiki2001 wrote:

Doesn't seem too confusing. Op, were your 'old' phones more than a year old?

"if we kept our old phones we'd only be charged $15/mo for line access.  We decided to go with this option temporarily as we were waiting for some of the new phones coming out."

It is because then they say

"When we contacted customer service about this, we were told by 2 reps our only option was to return our equipment and go elsewhere"

Which makes it seem like they got new phones already. If they were still using old phones not on contract all they have to do is go on My Verizon and activate the Month2Month discount.

0 Likes