Re: Re: Iphone 6 upgrade
ce_erickson
Enthusiast - Level 2

I agree, it is silly the way this is being handled. There are those who want to auto-label our claims as us just being unhappy, but the facts are the facts. I walked into three VZ owned stores. Only one could roughly explain the promotion and the other two stores has sales reps who said there was no promotion at all for current customers. They were all eager to get me in their iPad to check me in, but before they did that only had one question: "is there an upgrade promotion for the iPhone 5s as advertised?" The answer was either "no", "I think it expired", or "let me check your account" aka, can I sell and upgrade today.

The Federal Trade Commission simply states, "When consumers see or hear an advertisement, whether it’s on the Internet, radio or television, or anywhere else, federal law says that ad must be truthful, not misleading, and, when appropriate, backed by scientific evidence."

I would offer the following as ample evidence that Verizon is misleading it's customers:

a) mass confusion in its own online forums and its employees widely varied answers to the same question;

b) mass confusion in the stores - employees don't even know the rules, in many cases they are claiming to know nothing of promotions;

c) media representations of the promotion, according to Verizon, not being accurate and Verizon making no effort to correct false information in popular media.

The motivation to allow this to happen: get people in the stores, get them converted from other carriers, pat current customers on the head and tell them we are just wanting something we cant have.... sorry you heard it that way come back in a few months....

A Class Action is not a first resort, its a last resort. But the good it might do is end the abusive practices that mislead consumers.

Here we are, loyal Verizon customers; we deal mediocre service, we pay our bills, we let stores jerk us around, and when corporate can't get a promotion straight such that CNet, a highly respected media outlet, proclaims that they interpret Verizon's promotion to mean: "[Verizon] announced Tuesday that it will give customers a free 16GB iPhone 6 when they trade in their old phone and re-up their contract for two more years." and as of today they have not demanded redaction of that claim, its clear they want that misinformation out there because it benefits the business. I have yet to find someone that can link me to a web page on Verizon's own website that clearly states the offers - much less one that has been posted when the promotion was announced. All there are is either Verizon employees stating different versions of the facts OR people whose motivations are unclear, telling us we are imagining things...

0 Likes