I cannot believe customer service
Manda04grad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I've never had a negative experience with Verizon since I switched to them about 10 years ago. All of my positive views were changed today. Let me explain: I pay extra for insurance on my device. It was defective, called, got new device and returned old one. Only verizon is saying they didnt receive it. Funny thing is when the charge appeared on my bill I immediately call and she tells me yes it is in our warehouse it just needs to be checked in and when it is we will remove the charge. Great so I check back a month later and the charge is still there. So I call again, the guy says they cannot find my device ever being at the warehouse so he recommends me tracking the package myself. So I get my paper and try only its saying the tracking number is invalid. In the mean time verizon is threatening to shut my service off if I do not pay. I am not going to pay for a device I returned but they lost. I do not have $600 laying around to pay for a mistake that I did not make. I called again today the lady tells me I never called about the device being returned, tells me Im lying, leaves me on hold for over an hour and then transfers me to a department who "can better assist" only to be told she transferred me to the wrong department and I was hung up on.  I am in disgust. After 10 years this is how Im being treated?! I cannot believe this once great company has gone downhill so fast. This issue is still not resolved and Im constantly getting calls saying I owe them from an automated system. Someone help please. I am almost to the point of terminating my contract and going elsewhere where Im actually treated like a person and not a thief.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: I cannot believe customer service
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Manda04grad, we don't want this negative experience to ruin our wireless relationship after 10 years. We provide you with a prepaid shipping label to return your defective phone. The tracking number for this prepaid label is referenced on your account. We can track your device with that tracking number to verify if your device was successfully recieved in our warehouse. Did you send our device back using a different method? If so, you will need to request with that courier to investigate the where abouts of that package. I hope this information is helpful to you.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Manda04grad
Enthusiast - Level 1

I did use the box the new device was sent in. I used the label that was provided. I did everything I was supposed to do. The box was picked up by a fed ex employee from my place of employment. The verizon rep told me the tracking number was invalid. So they make a mistake and Im left with the bill?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get to the bottom of this! I just sent you a private message for additional information.

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
Not applicable

I believe Verizon uses the United States Postal Service prepaid return to vendor label. Not FedEx.

Fedex has a contract with the USPS for certain partner transactions but if you took the top part of the label it has the number on it.

http://www.USPS.com

Try the number under their tracking system. Not with Fedex.

Your only option with proof it was delivered is a small claims court filing. Do not arbitrate.

Good Luck

0 Likes