Re: How can I opt out of the broadcast UID Verizon has been putting in all of my web traffic, austensibly to track me despite opting out of targetted advertising?
mikkibarry_esq
Enthusiast - Level 3

I haven't received a response either.  I did file a complaint with the FCC and am working on another with the FTC.  It's a complete betrayal and abdication of trust.  I think we need to scream this to the masses.   I wonder if our newly elected Congress will be interested that their Verizon wireless web browsing is tagged with personal identifiers and collected for an undisclosed period of time to be used for "nothing now," but that could change any day, as Verizon's contract allows them to make changes at any time.  If Verizon won't tell us what to do to stop this, perhaps the FCC, FTC, and/or Congress will stop it for us. 

Notice how they continually side step the issue by saying we can opt out of advertising, but never addressing the new neon blinking signs with our personal identifier on it being used on websites that log you in without using HTTPS (say Facebook for example?). 

This is a very dangerous issue for privacy.  What we do here will map the future actions of telecoms.