Re: SO FRUSTRATED!! Network extender for "The Best Coverage"??
gobellago
Enthusiast - Level 1

MatthewS,

A network extender is not going to correct the problem of my not having a signal in my front yard.

Man, I feel like no one is LISTENING to me. Have you not read this thread? I will repeat myself again:

- The VZW network coverage is good just about everywhere i go. I'm very happy with the network, with the exception of at my home address.

- According to the Verizon coverage map, I should have voice coverage at my home address. I understand now that VZW does not guarantee coverage in my home; however, I do not have coverage outside at my address, either.

- While in my home and in my yard (there is no difference between the two in terms of signal quality), i typically have no bars or one bar. I am not able to make or receive phone calls inside or outside of my house.

- It has not always been like this. When I first got my phone last November, the reception at my address wasn't great, but i could at least make phone calls from the rooms in the front of my home, which face west, as well as in my front yard. In early Spring, it got much worse (could no longer make calls from house or yard) and I contacted VZW. They told me they'd "check on it", they submitted a ticket, and I never heard back.

- To the south and west of my home is the metro Milwaukee area. To the east is Lake Michigan, which is about 6 blocks away. Is it possible the lake has a different effect on my reception with the changing of the seasons?

Lastly, i have had Verizon at this address since August 2011 WITH NO PROBLEMS until this spring – something has happened!!!

thanks.

0 Likes