Re: Recycle Program is a SCAM!!!!
Dobbspeach
Enthusiast - Level 1

I wish I would have thought to check on the return process before. I sent in two iPhone 4s phones that belonged to myself and my husband. I reset both phones to factory settings. My phone was appraised for $27 and my husband's for $150. My phone functioned but was definitely scratched up. Yesterday I receive an email from Verizon with a gift card for $27 in regards to my phone. There wasn't an email regarding my husband's phone.

Today, I did a check status for his phone and saw there was an "Adjustment" reason stating his phone was scratched and lock wasn't deactivated. What??!!! Are you kidding me? His phone was in perfect working order. I can assure you it wasn't damaged, scratched or locked. I called the trade-in number, talked to the rep who informed me of the "escalated" process. So, now I wait for 7-10 days to find out if we take further action. What a scam. So disappointing.

#1 I didn't even receive an email about the status of my husband's phone. I had to search on my own for info.

#2 I get an email/gift card straight away about my banged up phone.

If your phone isn't appraised high and you acknowledge that then more than likely you'll receive the pocket change. But, if you have an undamaged working phone then it suddenly has "issues." I pray this is resolved in the correct manner. This is no way to treat people Verizon.