Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

The government regulates everything. In New York the telephone company is governed by the State Public Service Commission and the State Consumer Protection Board.

Granted cellular complaints can be handled by the States Attorney Generals Office as it dinged Verizon wireless in the past for slamming and cramming violations, for phantom text messages and that other fiasco of customers seeing $1.99 on their bills for data when the devices were not data capable.

Then let's have the Feds or States look into the so called data accounting. Oh yeah Verizon wants that to happen. Then the news media reports that the US Government finds the counters are inaccurate and that customers were correct all along and these insane overages netted Verizon billions they never should have received.

Then let's get the states and District of Columbia involved. Can you fathom the price to fight all this?

And when they lose the states and federal government get their gazillion dollars and the customers get a $25 gift card. But it is still not something Verizon wants to happen

Then when the meters are certified as correct and those data overages are not being dinged to the customer then and only then can any customer not worry about overage charges.

I have said a million times having a person pay more for the data does not mean the load on the system is any less. Versus unlimited data users who I don't believe all abuse the data. Data use is data use the only difference is the price.

I could look up our stock report as to how many post paid and pre paid customers Verizon has. I can google the unlimited numbers from the tiered and metered users. Like I said I don't personally care.

The point of the forum post is throttling unlimited users over those on metered plans. Personally if it singles out one group of customers over another I believe there is a law provision against it. And some smart official will take full advantage of it. And should.