Re: Throttling of unlimited 4g
Not applicable

The numbers themselves are just estimates, I could care less number wise.

The statement that Verizon can do this or Verizon will do that is not factual. The lawsuits would be government not private rights of action.

You see the US Government is not bound as a class action. The case would be regulatory in nature.

Verizon cannot just operate any old way it pleases. They like to think they can but any reasonable person will tell you when consumers get angry, government gets evolved and that is not what Verizon wants.

The main problem is even if unlimited is only 15% of the customer base and I believe its higher the loss of revenue all at once will hit their bottom line.

People may have great coverage with T-Mobile or Sprint I cannot say. But if defections occur look at it as first the other carrier is unlimited data (throttled yes if needed) but the cost is much cheaper than Verizon and AT&T.

Many will defect just on price.

I have unlimited data. I use kilobytes and a few megabytes have not even used 1 Gigabyte that I can remember.

I won't be throttled so its not a tie breaker for me. Now on occasion my wife uses about 5 or 6 gigabyte of data.

Last bill showed her using around 5 gigabyte not too bad. I look today and three days before my bill closing she used 11 gigabyte of data. Rare, but she is watching YouTube and Netflix more now that her work is slower.

Could she use the work WiFi? Possibly. But she will not use it since its paid for via the government. She does have ethics. When I ran my own network at the worksite she had unlimited access, because I paid for it out of my pocket. But after I retired she lost that perk.

I personally don't think the chicken little theory is going to affect me at present. But I will not be pushed out of something I do not abuse because of a mere 5% are ruining it for everyone else.

Good Luck

0 Likes