Re: IPhone Trade In Scam
Beefstu79
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am also having some serious problems with this bogus program. I turned in my iPhone 4s 16gb with an appraised value of $200. All directions were followed (turn "Find my iPhone" off, clear personal data, reset phone) and sent in. A few days later I received an email from VZW with a virtual gift card of only $36. My iPhone was in excellent condition and all steps were followed before sending it in. According to VZW, the reason was that the "Find My iPhone" was not turned off. I called VZW's trade in department to dispute this as I know with confidence that I followed all the steps - including turning off the "Find My iPhone" function. The woman on the phone said that I should try signing in to my iCloud account (which I never even used), deactivate the phone, and respond directly to the email that I first received from VZW. I hoped that this would solve the issue and I would be getting my full and rightful amount of $200, but to my disgust, I received an email response stating that the "Find My iPHone" cannot be turned off through iCloud and that I would not be getting any adjustment to the gift card amount.

Long story short, I called two more times and even spoke with a supervisor to get someone from the Trade-In department to call me back to correct this issue. The supervisor said that she would escalate the issue and send the Trade-In dept. an email to have someone call me back. But of course no one called me back, instead I received another email stating that they will not change the value of the gift card.

Believe me VZW, I will not let this go! My iPhone was in excellent condition and the Find My iPhone app was turned off before shipping to you guys. I don't care what it takes, either send me my phone back or give me my $200. I will be calling everyday and emailing everyone at corporate until this gets corrected.