Will Verizon get wi-fi calling?
sheila7516
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have only been with Verizon since 5/13 I was previously with T-mobile for 7 years. The reason I switched was plain and simple coverage area. I travel quite a bit and with them anytime I got out of a major city I could not get a signal even on the interstate. There were many times I would be with friends on a trip or at an event and they would have service and I would not. Every time I said what company do you use the answer from the people with service would always be Verizon. Yes it is true Verizon is a little more expensive I don't mind paying for the good service. That being said there is one thing I miss a lot from T-mobile, that is Wi-Fi calling. Where I work it is impossible to get a signal, my office is in the basement of a large hospital. I honestly don't expect any company to have signal there. With T-mobile I could still make and receive calls and texts over Wi-Fi. Anywhere you can connect to a Wi-Fi signal you can call or text.

Now I find I can use my phone in a lot of places I never could before but not where I spend 8+ hours a day. Please make your phones so they can receive calls and texts over Wi-Fi.

Does anyone think Verizon will make this valuable feature available anytime soon? Or is there some way to receive calls and texts that I don't know about.

Labels (1)
0 Likes