New to Mobile Data & Internet - Questions
stardust920

As of now, I don't use internet on my phone.  But I see that Verizon is now requiring the purchase of some sort of data package with most of their phones.  I've decided that if I am going to get internet on my phone, I might as well get unlimited data at $29.99/month.  I currently have the 450 minutes/month Nationwide individual plan with a $10/month text plan.

I have several questions:

~Some phones are listed as having an HTML web browser while some phones are listed as being HTML web browser "capable". 

-Do both of these types of phones have HTML web browsers or does one require something extra to make it have an HTML web experience? 

-Do you have access to the "full" internet with these phones?  I know with most phones, you have access to basic things online, but some phones can access almost all sites. 

-What is the full internet browsing experience with a Smartphone (say a Blackberry) vs. a 3G Multimedia phone (say an LG enV3?)

-Does the use of HTML web browsing require the purchase of an additional plan or the download of an additional feature  (other than the $29.99/month unlimited data plan)?

-Is Mobile Web included with my plan or does it require an additional monthly fee?

-What is the difference between Mobile Web and Mobile Broadband plans?  Does the use of an HTML browser on the phone require a subscription to a Mobile broadband plan?

-What is a Mobile Email subscription?  Can't I just log into my email from the Mobile Web browser and check it for free?

Sorry for all the questions.  I just find that the more information I seek out, the more I get confused.  I just want to make sure I make the most informed decision when I'm due for my phone upgrade. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes