How can I submit a trace route problem issue to support?
Tony_Pratt

Hello,

I am hoping that perhaps someone could supply me with either a email address or phone number for Verizon wireless internet support. I have spent days on the web, Verizon stores, and telephone trying to get contact info for Verizon Wireless Internet Services. My first mistake was trying to report the MRT and Trace route reports to Verizon Support. I was able to get the tech support number from the whois report I got by plugging in the url of one of the problem servers. I was told I would have to contact Verizon Wireless online. Online Verizon wireless does not list a tech email contact or phone number directly to Internet Wireless Operations or any support for that matter. They only offer links to support for consumer products or consumer in-house networking. I even called their New Jersey facility phone number which I got from phone information and got caught in a phone loop which never took me anywhere close to support. If someone could put me on the right path it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tony

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: How can I submit a trace route problem issue to support?
Tony_Pratt

Let me try again.

Has anyone ever successfully been able to notify Verizon that some of their network routers are having issues in certain geographic locations. I am seeing this with one of my recent website creations. I did a trace route and WinMTR and detected the offending routers. Using whois I got the sub-contractor's tech phone number and called to inform them of the issue and they told me that they could only take such information from Verizon Wireless. How can a person relay this information to Verizon Wireless. I have tried every way I can think of to obtain some contact information. On the rare occasion I have actually gotten to speak to a live person at Verizon they simply inform me that its not their area and have no idea on how to pass the information forward. Unbelievable!!! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello Tony_Pratt, we want to get the best path to resolution! Are the services being used Fios or broadband internet? What specific issues are you running into on the router? Slow speeds or disconnections? Keep us posted!

WiltonA_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
Tony_Pratt

Thank you for picking up on this issue. It is appreciated.

The issue is with broadband internet.

When this site is accessed via a Verizon wireless ISP location in the 60134 zip code  and surrounding area loading times for the site is very slow. I have witnessed this at several different locations using Verizon as their ISP along with my iPhone which uses Verizon 4G.  The slowness is not consistent, at times the load times are reasonable but the majority of the load times are extremely slow.

In the same locale other ISP connections do not have any issues going to the site.When I am at my home location some 30 miles from the 60134 zip code my iPhone load times for the site is very fast.

I can supply the data from a trace route reflecting the problem servers along with a WinMRT report also going to the www.whatsyourconsignment.com from the 60134 area.

As I mentioned above after I did a trace route and WinMTR report I sent them to HostGator support and they replied as follows:

Based on that MTR you will want to call verizon and provide them with the | vlan51.ebr1.Chicago2.Level3.net - 91 | 11 | 1 | 0 |

203 | 203 | 203 |

| No response from host - 100 | 11 | 0 | 0 |

0 | 0 | 0 |

| No response from host - 100 | 11 | 0 | 0 |

0 | 0 | 0 |

| ae-5-5.car2.SaltLakeCity1.Level3.net - 67 | 15 | 5 | 0 | routes.

When I could not contact anyone at Verizon to pass this along to I did a whois on the router and discovered it belongs to Level 3 Communications who Verizon subcontracts to. I emailed their support and they responded saying that they can do anything about it until they here from someone at Verizon. I have done subsequent WinMRTs and that is not the only problem router, they seem to have a number. I can send you some of the readouts if need be.

Your assistance is greatly appreciated,

Tony

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for your reply, Tony_Pratt. We can directly troubleshoot you wireless device. Blocks are present on a limited set of ports for inbound traffic to our mobile devices. However it appears the port is not affected because this if related to the geography. What was the average difference in speed? Does this happen based on time of day?

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
Tony_Pratt

Thank you for the followup on this issue.

Originally this issue of slow load times did not seem to occur on my Verizon connected mobile devices while I was located in my home geographic location, only toward my clients location some 30 miles from me. That has changed however. I now see the same problem in my home office on my mobile devices when connected with cellular data. When I turn off cellular data on my mobile devices and turn on WiFi to access the internet with my office AT&T WiFi network the various problem sites load very quickly. I have done this same testing method in various locations with WiFi networks other than Verizon and the results are always the same. Verizon networks load the sites slowly while AT&T and others are fine. This problem was first noticed a few weeks ago, until then everything was fine.

It seems to be device independent because the site slowness occurs on desktop PCs and Macs as well as mobile devices. The only commonality is that the ISP is Verizon.

There does not seem to be a pattern as far as the time of day. The slowness is sporadic and at times the load times appear to be normal. However the slow load times are starting to become the normal. Can take as long as 3 minutes at times.

Your follow through on the fix for this problem would be greatly appreciated because I can not  demo my business due to this situation because I demo on my iPad and IPhone with a Verizon Contract.

Regards,

Tony

0 Likes
Tony_Pratt

This is starting to get critical. I have clients hosted on HostGator telling me that enough is enough. Their sites have been for all practical purposes unavailable to those people trying to access them over a Verizon network connection to the internet. They will go another route and I can't blame them.

Its going on two weeks that I have been trying to get this Verizon networking issue resolved. I have even supplied trace routes and WinMTR reports specifying the servers involved. I can supply more that I created yesterday.

At the same time I have this issue with Verizon going to HostGator other sites I have created on other hosting companies such as InMotion are fine. I do not see what else I can do to get Verizon to resolve this issue.

I do not want to move all of these sites off of HostGator just to resolve the problem. I should not have to.

0 Likes
Tony_Pratt

Load times seemed back to normal from late afternoon yesterday to early this morning. Now Sites have that extreme slow load speeds issue on a random infrequent pattern. Things look a little better this morning! I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards,

Tony

0 Likes
Tony_Pratt

There was another prolonged period of extreme slow load times after my last post.

However, as of earlier this morning and into this afternoon all seems well. Speeds are back to normal without any bogging down. I want to thank whoever responsible for the fix! Hopefully the issue is now history. If possible can you let me know exactly what the issue was although I would bet the farm on sub-contractor router issues.

Regards,

Tony

0 Likes
Tony_Pratt

Well that state of euphoria was short lived. Within a few hours of that last post the same slow load times appeared once again.

I did hear from Verizon Wireless support and they created a ticke. I sent them some WinMTR reports indicating the problem laid with one of your sub-contractors.

Verizon Wireless Support contacted this company and they acknowledged that the problem does indeed exist. However the contractor states that the problem does not constitute a serious outage and they have no intention of making the fix a priority. They say the problem could be fixed sometime in the future but will not supply a time frame. Verizon Wireless said they pushed back but can not really force a fix by their sub-contractor.

Well it constitutes   a very serious outage for me. This situation is much more than the slow loading of my client's and my own websites. These sites are dynamic and allow for the site owner to edit site content using WordPress as content management and echoing over to the site's viewable PHP pages. The extreme packet loss being allowed by this contractor make this content management impossible.

Verizon Wireless should not allow this to happen.

0 Likes