Re: Surprise charges
decklife

Helawat's oh-so-easy explanation of MB charges doesn't begin to cover the situation. My Verizon is on the Web but not part of the billable Mobile Web. I haven't been outside My Verizon. I have megabyte usage. I don't know what from, and Verizon can't tell me. I am not a technical innocent and I read the forums before buying the phones and read about this issue. It's far more complex to avoid charges than one might think. Not using Mobile Web did not save me, Helawat. My husband has MB usage from simply hitting the up arrow. That is ridiculous.

As for how and when minutes are tallied - I was referring generically to the cell phone business going back to early days. It has indeed become easier to learn where one stands in minutes used. What I am saying is that if the information is there for the customer to seek out, then it's also there for Verizon to proactively share with the customer. The burden is now on the customer; Verizon could take that burden away and have its software provide notice to the customer upon making a call that, say, starts using the last 100 minutes of the plan.

It's a different way of looking at things. A cell phone provider that acted with the customer's interests high on the priority list would garner such good will that the bottom line would benefit.

0 Likes