Re: Surprise charges
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

decklife wrote:
My husband's Nokia Intrigue came out of the box with one of the shortcut arrow keys going right to Mobile Web; that default setting must be worth its own line item in Verizon's budget...
...VZW knows that ordinary everyday actions by customers will pour money onto the bottom line (with the added bonus that the customer won't even notice or bother fighting it).

I had to chuckle when I read this--and how many times have I inadvertently hit that "Mobile Web" connect button, then frantically try to stop it from connecting!!  At least it gets me to read the manual to find out how to customize the shortcut keys, and helps me learn how the phone actually works!  And decklife is absolutely right - most won't even notice the $1.99 charge, and of those that do, a majority won't fight it, they will just pay it.  What a racket!!

I do have to say that in my dealings with Verizon they HAVE been fair and have made things right nearly every time.  I have learned to watch my bill and usage carefully, and KNOW what I am buying or not buying when I try different services and applications.  When the store reps realize I have done my homework and they can't "pull" their usual stuff, their attitude changes

0 Likes