Re: Complaint about Verizon "Free Tablet" promotion
Tidbits
Legend

I also believe you can't return between Verizon stores as some may be "franchise" which has different inventory than corporate. Same this as online vs. in store.

0 Likes
1976pianoman

Well, I'm not sure if what they are telling me is true.  I'll know in the days to come.  I agree with you.  One of my issues is that they should be handling this on their end.   What they told us was that if we went to another "Corporate" store, the return could be made.  They even gave us a specific store to go to.  I believe they are hoping this approach will work before they step in. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Seems like a run around. I'd you got them after black Friday you should have an extended period I believe. Shouldn't be this hard to return them.

0 Likes
tikibar1
Community Leader
Community Leader

Tidbits wrote:

Seems like a run around. I'd you got them after black Friday you should have an extended period I believe. Shouldn't be this hard to return them.

Until January 15, i.e.,

2014 Holiday Return Policy

Weth
Legend

But he also wants out of the $150 x 2 restocking fee and that is not forgiven in the extended holiday returns. We'll see what the other store does. At one point it will be between lawyers, and that will be much more than $300 for each side. Verizon loses, customer loses, lawyers win. It's the American way!

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

Was this someone actually with you at the time of the transaction? Otherwise that is not a witness to the incident in question. From your previous statements it sounded like this is someone you found online after the fact and was not present the time of the transaction and therefore cannot be a witness to what was said.

0 Likes
1976pianoman

Here's the more compelling question:  Do you really believe that we misunderstood what was being presented to us by the salesperson?  That we made a mistake in comprehending his sales pitch?   That he was being 100% clear about the monthly tablet charge and tax and/or activation?  Do you think when he clearly stated, over and over again, "there is no monthly fees, and no up front charges for the tablets, they are 100% free"  that he actually didn't actually say this? 

Or are you capable of admitting  that you and the others are using deceptive sales tactics to push tablets?

..because the 3rd witness is direct testimony in regard to the practice of pushing tablets onto customers using deception at that very store by those very same people. 

To make it worse for Verizon is that there are hundreds, if not thousands online claiming this happened to them too. 

What a judge is going to ask is if this was a simple miscommunication and indeed the salesperson was not being deceptive, why couldn't the mix up be remedied the following day?  Why force the customer into a contract against their will?  The answer to this question cannot be, "well you signed a contract, it's too bad."  Because that response supports the dishonesty and if that's all that is said as a defense, it's very likely to fail in court, and it's definitely going to fail as a matter of popular opinion when we turn this into a viral news campaign.  Our local TV station Channel 7 has already expressed interest in doing a piece on this problem.  We'll see what popular opinion says when we give the public the real facts though TV and online media. 

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

This has been through it before the contract itself you had time to read it and then receipt had all the plan changes on it. I have yet to not buy something let alone not get that obnoxiously long receipt. You should see it when your boss makes you pick up 30 devices. It's comical to say the least.

Sales people may at times tell you one thing and do another. This is WHY the contract says don't take their word for it and refer to it as the only agreement on that receipt. It's in writing and there for you and Verizon against potentially shady employees and people. This is why people have 14 days to review everything to ensure that's what they agreed to. Verizon as a company policy based on how their check out system is encourages you to check out everything by putting it in your hands at check out.

Oh I just went to Verizon today to process a return. I noticed the sign did say "*new 2 year activation required" on all the promotional signage. Also went to t-mobile to pick up some devices and I noticed the receipt doesn't tell you of any plan changes other than your EIP.

I guess i am just perceptive differently and I like.to read everything. Everything sounds too good to be true it probably is too good to be true.

1976pianoman

Hello Friends, 

I've got to go silent now.  I thought I could continue to share and discuss here, but I can't.  I thought I was helping my case, but I am possibly hurting it if we proceed with legal action. 

In fact, I am attempting to delete everything that was said on my part, including my other posts about my situation, yet it looks like I can't undo this. 

Take care. 

0 Likes
Weth
Legend

And it is all on Verizon's servers so even  if you could delete, you couldn't.   Good luck.