Re: Complaint about Verizon "Free Tablet" promotion
Not applicable

sdowney2002 wrote:

Yes, but when the sales clerk tell you there are no additional charges, and the paper you sign shows a $0.00 balance (the $10/month fee is buried in the fine print), you have to assume they’re telling the truth.

No it's not buried. Go the the More Everything page. It's not very hard to see where tablets are $10 a month.Sometime people hear what they want to hear and not what was actually told. Use some common sense you REALLY though Verizon would give you a 100% free tablet with no cost EVER? Does that even sound logical. That didn't make you think "Hey that doesn't sound right I better investigates this more."

People are always saying "the salesperson conned me"

Ok first here's some advice for ANY salesperson you encounter ANYWHERE. They are NOT your friend. If their paycheck replies on selling you as much stuff as they can then they are looking out for THEIR interests not yours. if you go into a store with the attitude "This person is trying to get me to buy a lot of stuff" then you'll take time to actually think about what you're going to do.

Second. Why buy on the spot? Just because a salesperson pitches something why do you feel obligated to say yes right then? Can you not say "I'll think about it" and then go home do some research and come back when you're more informed?

0 Likes