Re: Significant change in signal
Datono

Just recently, i too have noticed a problem with disconnects and loss of service where this rarely happens.  After some technical testing on signal, upload, download speeds.  Signal was same as usual, but upload speeds are down 66% (300-500kbps) to 60-120kbps.  Downloads are fair to good 1mbps to 4mbps (2 years ago, was regularly 2.5-8mbps) but down overall.  Some nights can expect 600kbps to maybe 1mbps download speeds (unacceptable for LTE).  Also, at 8 to 8:45pm PDT, like clockwork,  the ISP router resets and all connections go offline for a few seconds to minutes.  sometimes i spend 15min restoring my connection via MiFi 1410L 632F Secure connect. (Hot Spot)  BUT, even after restoring the connection, the upload speeds are so low, that maintaining a simple low-bandwidth server connection isnt possible. (must be able to ping server to say "Hey, I'm still here", in layman's terms).  Service here at Shelton, WA has continued to decrease in both quality and quantity.  And recently, service here is getting to the point i am seriously thinking of changing providers since Verizon is in capable of keeping a good balance of download and upload speeds. For LTE, its not what one would expect to have in a location that is the darkest red the coverage map has.  OK, enough banter and back to the change of service signal and bandwidth decreasing.

Please come out and test, qualify, and run diagnostics on the towers around 98584 zip code.  service is getting sickening and causing far too many server disconnects that usual. (4 in 20 min.) 6/25/2014

DT

0 Likes