Verizon agreed to waive ETF due to poor coverage but charged it anyway
BarbR777

Verizon agreed to waive the Early Termination Fee because I have had terrible coverage in my house and in the area surrounding my house, but they charged it anyway, despite repeated assurances that they would not.  Several tickets were created for my account, each time verifying that I lived in a marginal reception area as ascertained by a Verizon technical team who actually goes to an area and researches the issue.  I agreed to try a network extender, which I paid for, but the reception was still only marginal.  Then the calls started dropping again, so I switched.  I called before hand, several times, because I was afraid this would happen and followed Verizon Customer Service instructions.  Well, this month, I was charged an ETF PLUS they kept my plan open even though I had no phone and charged me for the plan and a late fee because, following representative's instructions, I didn't pay the bill, waiting for my prorated bill.

It is even worse.  I called and had the worst time getting connected to customer service - because they couldn't find my contract since I no longer have phone service with Verizon, just, apparently, a plan.  After over an hour of trying and then finally discussing with a representative, she agreed that I should not have been charged and that she would remove the ETF and the late fee.  I paid for the final month of service, including what was supposed to have been prorated (5 days) - just relieved to be done.  I also paid for this month's plan because I do have an iPad, but told them I intend to cancel it - it should have gone to a month to month data plan NOT a data-talk plan which they left me on.

Well, she took the payment, BUT THE ETF IS STILL ON MY BILL.  No charges have been removed.  I am just sick.  I dread spending another couple of hours tomorrow on the phone trying to get this resolved.  It should not be so hard, nay, seemingly impossible, to get this resolved.  It should not be that hard to get effective customer service with billing. I am beyond unhappy. I am now frustrated and outraged.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you.

Labels (1)
0 Likes