Re: How to void an unconscionable contract with Verizon?
rcschnoor
Legend

Terrys_Customer-ChandlerAZ wrote:

Greatly appreciate your response.   I do not believe that having an opinion different than mine equates to unethical behavior.

Unfortunately, I am the only person on this e-mail string that was present at the meeting with the verizon rep.   Whether you choose to believe that the verizon rep lacked ethics in this transaction is up to you....I would not be writing this if I did not feel that way, not expecting you to send me a check, just hoping to warn others and possibly find a remedy I had not thought of. Yes, we are aware you "feel" the Verizon rep lacked ethics. That does not mean the Verizon rep DID lack ethics, though. As you have pointed out, you inherited your smartphone and simply brought the device in to Verizon to activate it. IF you would have asked about the capabilities of the phone, the rep would most likely been willing to describe them to you and THAT description could have included the hotspot. It appears you DID NOT do so and the rep, as a result, thought you were aware of the capabilities. When you then asked for a method to connect the iPad to Verizon ALONG with the rep assuming you were aware of the capabilities of your phone, suggested another method. THIS is not unethical. For example, if I drove a pickup truck to a Uhaul dealer and asked for a way to transport a refrigerator, it would not be unethical for the Uhaul dealer to rent me a truck, EVEN though my pickup was fully capable to do the job. There ARE different ways to do things and differing opinions on how to do them.

I normally do research my contracts.   I have entered into a lot of phone contracts over the years.   This is the first time I have felt cheated.   I did not think that cheap little device would cost me so much and provide so little benefit. But the point remains that the cheap little device DID provide the benefit you had wanted, connecting your iPad to Verizon. I assume you ALSO were aware of the monthly fee and therefore at least at the time thought it wasn't too expensive, or why else would you have made the purchase. As has been pointed out, this seems more a case of buyers remorse.

The issue of the contract being overly compensatory for Verizon is clear.   Whether I can get a remedy at this time is a question

Smiley Happy

0 Likes