Re: I'm Appalled!!!
Not applicable

I have found that long time customers who keep up to date with their plans and devices more than likely know those questions and the answers they can expect.

I have found that when I visit the verizon corporate store locally I know what I want, I know how much it costs, and I always make sure " no changes are made to my account under any circumstances" in fact even that manager gets all nervous when I start talking. The customer through personality projection shows that he/she is not going to be talked or walked into anything.

You never leave the store without a printed receipt. You never buy any opened accessory or device or not sealed, you firmly tell the sales person that you want nothing more than what you ask for. You don't fall for you need a case and screen protector or it voids your warranty, you must buy a Bluetooth headset because NY requires you don't drive and hold a cell phone. (There is a law that says no cell phone use while driving, but it does not require you to buy a headset)

You don't let them tell you that the warranty is void without a case, its not. Or the one I liked was your device needs the car charger to get a real charge. Then why do you use the charger in your home?

You have to be careful since they are really misinformed or told to lie and cheat you to make a sale.

A few years ago the manager told me not to bring it back in 14 days if my wife didn't like her phone. I told him if she wants the phone that is fine, if she wants to return it he will either exchange it or refund me. And if need be I will simply charge back the purchase off my card. He was very taken aback. But you don't make yourself a victim you make yourself known that you will not stand to be victimized.

Half the people that go into the store, or call on the phone just don't or won't let their concerns or needs be known.

A pity.

0 Likes