Why is Verizon service ranked #1 by J. D. Powers?
cld91711
Enthusiast - Level 2

I was led into a very unfortunate situation by a super-friendly Verizon Wireless store manager: I was lobbied into trying Verizon's Home Phone Connect, which led to a series of unfortunate events and an even longer series of phone calls to Verizon. The issue was that I was charged an Early Termination Fee for trying Verizon's new Home Phone Connect device and service, which I cancelled after just three weeks. No one told me there would be any termination fee when I cancelled. Further, through a very long series of phone calls I was repeatedly told that I should not have been charged such a fee, that I would not be charged such a fee, and that someone would call back to confirm that.

Need;less to say, no one ever called back, and the fee remained on my bill. I sent a letter to Verizon in duplicate —— to  both "Billing" in Dallas and "Correspondence Team" in Wallingford —— and included a check for all but the Early Termination Fee of $175.00 Now, they've cashed my check and reduced my bill to just that Early Termination Fee. But I haven't heard anything back from anyone at Verizon, I am unsure what to do next.

I've long been a customer of Verizon (both Verizon Communication for our home (copper) land line, and Verizon Wireless for our wireless phones, and we like our new iPhone 5 smartphones. But I am sufficiently irritated and upset to think about switching to other carriers at some point. And I wonder how Verizon's service can be ranked so highly with such apparent disregard for their customers. So, any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes