I feel like I was victim of bait and switch
Rxwolf
Enthusiast - Level 1

Back in Jan I bought my wife the iphone 5.  We have the  old school 700 share mins and unlimied data plan (verizon cust. for many years).  I was prepared to pay full price for phone to keep the unlimited data.  While at the store (not some mall kiosk) the verizon sales rep. said I could keep the unlimited if I would also bring on a standard phone for $10/month and have the very nice reduced price for iphone 5.  This would be about net 150-200 savings (over 2 years) for me.  I was happy that I could save some money and I had use for extra line.

I asked to make sure this was cool, and I would use the standard phone as gift for my mother.  Again, I was prepared to pay full price for phone to keep unlimited data plan.  This was most important for me.  After spending over two hours at the store, the sales rep and I started to sign the forms on the little computer screen.  He pointed to where "you still have your old plan here" on the receipt.  The old plan is listed on receipt.  I signed and took the phone home.  I verified the monthly charges would be about $10 more per month which is what I expected with extra line of $10/month and no changes to my old plan.

Since I am posting here there clearly is an issue.  The issue is that my plan was changed, without my knowing/understanding.  I have called the phone customer reps to complain about this issue for over two months now.  The second guy was very understanding and even pointed out that it appears the sales rep did not complete the desired and pushed/encouraged to me process correctly (adding extra line, porting number, etc (I did not fully understand process but I was told multiple times by more than one sales rep. this was result in keeping unlimited plan: my ultimate goal.) and seems this was honest mistake.

I can understand mistakes, I make mistakes.  What I don't understand is a how this is not fixed.  I am willing to repay the difference between discounted and full price phone, if verizonwireless will just give me my old plan back.  I offered this each time I called, but no is answer.  How is verizon harmed by me repaying the phone price difference.  The fact that verizon is not willing to do this makes me think this was a sort of bait and switch.

I was directed to look at specific area on receipt and noted by sales rep the no change to "old plan", how am I to "know" that someone can keep the family share 700 mins but then go from unlimited to 2gb of data.  The data section was not even close to where my old plan was listed.  It is kind of like someone buying a car, asking for color blue, signing paperwork where "color: blue" is listed, and car is blue when handed over.  However, after washing the 1st time it turns bright orange.  When returning to complain, the wonderful usedcar salesperson says "oh didn't you see this Code 47 at bottom of receipt, that means we use water based paint, your fault"  Yes, the receipt reflects the product but when sales rep tells you about wonderful option to keep old plan, spends two hours on computer completing task, then points to the receipt and tells you everything worked (I still have old plan with unlimited data), it is what you wanted:your plan has not changed, your bill is what was expected, but then verizon does not want to take the money which it would have gotten without change in plan, well this is starting to smell like bait and switch.

Please help, I just want the old plan back, I am willing to pay.  Why would I ever, knowingly, go from unlimited to 2gb.  Change my plan back.  I don't want to change phone companies.  I feel verizon has best service for me, but being victim of bait and switch does not make me want to stay.

Labels (1)