Re: Please stop this spammer!
emergingdzns
Enthusiast - Level 1

Antonio,

Your options are useless. The NDNC list is pointless. Scammers don't check the list first. Both my phone and my wife's phone just got scammer texts at the exact same time from two different numbers (same exact message). I shouldn't have ANY limitation to the number of phone numbers I can block, nor should I have to pay for such EVER. As it is, I pay about $300 a month for Verizon service, which is higher than I've paid at any other provider.

I can't just change my number either because I have a business I run through my cell phone.

For all those out there reading this, think about this possibility... Could Verizon possibly be supporting or encouraging these scammers? After all, Verizon gets the revenue from text messages as well as all the people who turn to paying for the option of blocking all these numbers. I wouldn't be surprised at all if they just open the doors for this activity. It only benefits them. I think we need a big push from Verizon customers to demand better controls from Verizon.

If I hadn't just switched over to Verizon a few months ago, I'd happily go back to AT&T as I never had this kind of garbage with them. I only switched in the first place because of lack of signal on AT&T that has now apparently been fixed.