Senior discount information
DUpdegraff1966
Enthusiast - Level 1

Good Morning

I was checking to see if Verizon offered a senior plan for existing customers? I am 63 and carry three lines.....I have 2 IPhone 4's and 1 Casio flip...I would like to keep my existing service plan but was wondering if they had a senior discount that I could get. I recently lost my 22% monthly discount that I had when I was working. I checked into the 65 year senior plan (my husband just turned 65) and was  not impressed with it at all.....My contract is not up until early 2015 so am kinda stuck with what I have till then.....If I can not get a somekind of senior discount then it looks like I may need to go with another company......thanks for all information.

Have a great day all!!!

Labels (1)
Re: Senior discount information
rcschnoor
Legend

DUpdegraff1966 wrote:

Good Morning

I was checking to see if Verizon offered a senior plan for existing customers?

I checked into the 65 year senior plan (my husband just turned 65) and was  not impressed with it at all.....

It appears as if you have already answered you own question, but yes they do offer a senior plan for existing customers.

You can find out information about it here.

What plan do you currently have? What type of phones do you have? How many minutes do you use? How much data do you use?

0 Likes
llwu90623
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for your question, our family has being with Verizon for about 20 years, they don't have customer loyalty what so ever.  I was advised by them to change our pricing planing so to save more in the middle of a billing period, turns out they charge more.  I tried to talk to some representative, the recorded cut me off after they are done with their message.

Other company respect senior as from age 60 or 62, it is sad a company this size did not respect 65 and above as their valued customer.

We are seriously considering switch to another provider, but Verizon locked us in until 2014...............

I agree with you the service is not impressive at all, not sure if there is any intention to improve ??????????????

rcschnoor
Legend

If the other company is a better fit, you should definitely go with them. 65 is the age limit Verizon has selected for their senior discount and I see no reason to change that.

Actually, YOU locked yourself into Verizon until 2014, not Verizon. Verizon did not sign the contract, YOU did.

I never said the service is not impressive, so you are not agreeing with me. I feel I receive pretty good service from Verizon.

Good luck.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having the most cost effective plan to meet your needs DUpdegraff1966! We definitely don't want to lose your valued business! Our best recommendation is the 65 family share plan, as this is the least expensive option we offer for multiple line accounts. Here's additional information for your reference. The highest quality network and support are worth paying for! You and your family deserve nothing less!

http://tiny.cc/fstt5w

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
rickcott
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just learned that AT&T offers a seniors discount.  Wake up Verizon !

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The 65+ plan is the discounted plan for seniors on Verizon Wireless.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Kak1

I have three phones on my current plan , my husband is 67, I am 63.  Can we get a senior discount?

0 Likes
Kak1

My husband and I  have Iphone 7, my daughter has an IphoneX.  I pay for all three phones.  Can we get a senior discount?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand wanting to have the best deal possible, Kak1. At this time we do not have Senior Discount, however we do have other excellent discounts avalible. Please review this link : https://www.verizonwireless.com/discount-program/# .  CecileC_VZW

0 Likes