Verizonwireless are Liars
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'm going to bullet point my synopsis of my personal experience with VerizonWireless yesterday

Kicked ex-girlfriend off of family plan
Now I have an unused line of which I have to pay $39.99 for 450 minutes I won't ever use, plus $10 line fee
Called customer service to have this done
Asked REP about alternatives where I could actually use the line I'm paying for
She mentioned Tablets and Verizon has an 12 month equipment plan, no interest, no fees
REP told me I could walk into store and pick up tablet, no money down.
REP told me local store didn't have tablet in stock.
REP found tablet 26.6 miles away

Drove 26.6 miles to pick up tablet
Store told me I would have to put $88 down
Called customer service back
The best they could do for me was to reimburse me for gas money spent.
I drive a 2013 Ford Focus that gets 32 mpg
Gave me a credit for $6.66
and they're perfectly fine with telling customers false information.

LIARS!

I want nothing more to do with a company that is perfectly fine with telling their customers false information.  I have been a VerizonWireless customer for almost seven years now.  I've given this company over $13,000 in payments and fees and this is how they treat their long term customers???  I think its time to move to a different carrier. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Verizonwireless are Liars
rcschnoor
Legend

While there ARE some incorrect statements you have listed here, you don't have to put money down on the Device Payment Plan.

The incorrect statement is that there are no fees. There IS a $2/month service fee with the Device Payment Plan.

You don't have to put money down, however you DO have to make the first monthly payment AND tax for the full amount of purchase.

0 Likes
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

rcschnoor wrote:

While there ARE some incorrect statements you have listed here, you don't have to put money down on the Device Payment Plan.

The incorrect statement is that there are no fees. There IS a $2/month service fee with the Device Payment Plan.

You don't have to put money down, however you DO have to make the first monthly payment AND tax for the full amount of purchase.

It should be protocol for REP's to know what they are talking about.  I was told NO MONEY DOWN so they should follow through with that statement and live up to their mistake.  Not supply me with a measly $6 credit.  The amount was $88 at the store.  I have $450 available credit with Verizon.  They couldn't figure something out?? 

LIARS!!

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It is not a DOWN PAYMENT. It is your 1st of 12 monthly payments.

0 Likes
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Either way, I was told that I wouldn't have any money come out of my pocket at the store.

Scenario I was told,
Walk in, pick up tablet, leave

Reality scenario,
PAY MONEY

HUGE DIFFERENCE.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

That is somewhat different than the story you were first relating.

You had said "REP told me I could walk into store and pick up tablet, no money down."

The ABOVE statement is correct. There is a "HUGE DIFFERENCE" between your initial statement and what you are now claiming. Since you don't seem to think so, it is quite likely you misunderstood what was said.

First of all, paying the tax at point of sale is required by law, I believe. There is no way around that. The government, after all, wants THEIR money as fast as they can possibly get it!!!!! They do not want to spread their CUT out over the 12 month payment period.

Second, putting money down would LOWER your monthly payments. Making a monthly payment at the point of sale WILL NOT DO THAT. All of your subsequent payments would be the same as your 1st monthly payment.

0 Likes
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

Who are you to try and justify my horrible experience of a company I have been faithful to for multiple years?  I was dumbing down my situation because you seem to not understand my dilemma.

If you were told to go to go pick something up, and you were expecting that what you were told was true, then come to find out you were lied to, I'm pretty sure you'd be upset.  When I purchase something on my credit card, I don't get billed separately for the tax.  I don't hand the cashier cash for fees and my first monthly payment.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

lnfinlty1 wrote:

Who are you to try and justify my horrible experience of a company I have been faithful to for multiple years?  I was dumbing down my situation because you seem to not understand my dilemma.

If you were told to go to go pick something up, and you were expecting that what you were told was true, then come to find out you were lied to, I'm pretty sure you'd be upset.  When I purchase something on my credit card, I don't get billed separately for the tax.  I don't hand the cashier cash for fees and my first monthly payment.

I'm not trying to justify anything.

There is a difference between "dumbing down" your situation and changing the story. Your original story IS different than your current story. IF, as you put it, I do not "seem to understand" your dilemma, it is simply because YOU did not state your dilemma. I understood perfectly what you had stated in you original post and made comments on the information YOU provided. If you subsequently change your story, it does not mean I didn't understand what you first wrote.

However, since it appears you wrote down one thing and took it to mean another thing, all I am saying is MAYBE you misunderstood what was explained to you. Not understanding something does not equal being lied to.

As to purchasing something on your credit card, that is a completely different scenario. When you purchase something with a credit card, the company you purchase from gets the full amount from the credit card company when the charge is reconciled, NOT when you are finished paying off the debt to your credit card company. So, in essence, the company you are purchasing from gets the FULL amount at the point of sale INCLUDING the tax which they then submit to the government. They do not get a small amount from the credit card company each month as you make payments. The terms of the Device Payment Plan and whatever credit cards you may have are completely different. However, if not having to fork over any cash at the point of purchase was that important to you, you could have paid with your credit card.

0 Likes
rcschnoor
Legend

It seems we are not going to agree. I am actually surprised Verizon agreed to credit you for ~2 gallons of gas. That is something I would not have expected them to do.

Hopefully, when you would expect to have your 1st monthly payment due, you will be able to pick up that tablet at a closer store and make use of your extra line.

Good luck.Smiley Happy

0 Likes
lnfinlty1
Enthusiast - Level 3

I'd like to know where I "changed my story".  Excuse me for being rude, but you're a thorn in my side.  Your justification hasn't helped my situation at all.  Instead, you insist that I'm an idiot.  What I was told over the phone was that I wouldn't have to put any money down at the store.  TO ME, that translates into no money out of pocket.  The REP's should have a knowledge base that is factual.  Customer service has no room for grey areas.

The fact of the matter is, I was lied to by a company I have been with for almost 7 years.  I gave the REP an opportunity to let me speak with someone who was knowledgeable of the device payment plan and she requested to handle it.  She failed. 

0 Likes