Re: Disable extra babble after my voicemail greeting?
Danbo342
Enthusiast - Level 1

Sorry but the explanation doesn't help remedy the situation one bit. All it does is explain how stupid a policy Verizon still has in place and how outdated they are and just how little they give a crap about the things their customers want.

You said:

"Due to this, the automated message before the beep can not be removed"

The correct response should be:

"Due to customers wanting the option to disable this feature, it can be found in your voicemail settings".

I can't believe that in today's day and age of technology, we still have carriers that don't give people "choice". I know hundreds of thousands of people and never once heard of anyone pressing a button to leave a call back number, or anything on the list for that matter. People wait for the beep and leave the number, if needed. Back in the day of minutes being a factor, it was widely known that these added seconds happening to millions of people each minute, accumulated to millions of dollars of easy money for Verizon. There is no such plan now that isn't unlimited, so hopefully when your greedy, idiotic, management can come to that realization, they'll finally realize that there is no more reason to not give us the damn option of choice.

For the milliions also sick of carriers crap like this, youmail and Google Voice lite is the best way to bypass these morons and their ancient way of thinking. However if you have a small data plan, wait until you're around wifi to listen to them.

Verizon greed and ignorance makes me sick.