Re: Reporting Dead Spots
dwatchley
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thanks.

My zipcode is 11050, I can give more precise location information privately if you wish.  I have two phones on my account, both of which have identical problems from my location; the first is a Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD, and the second is an Apple iPhone 5.

The basic problem is a very weak, poor signal at my location.  Most of the time I cannot call out from my location on either phone - the phone simply won't connect to Verizon's equipment on the other end.  I can receive some calls on either phone at my location, but those calls frequently drop during the middle of the conversation.

The signal strength indicator on the phones always show a poor signal; often on the Droid (which is the phone I use), the signal will drop down to 1x with only one bar showing.  For example, right now as I type the phone is showing a Network type and strength indication of "1x = -102dBm".  I've taken the phone outside and walked around with it and the signal strength is still very weak within a radius of about a 5 minute walk; it gradually gets stronger after that.

According to the Verizon coverage map, this area (zip 11050) should have a very strong signal and full 4G LTE coverage, but I'm lucky to get 1x at my location.

0 Likes