Leave family's account and keep unlimited data?
jn1123
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently on my family's account. My father and I have unlimited data, mother does not. I would like to leave there account and just have my own account so I can quit paying them for my line. Is there a way that I can change to an individual account without losing my unlimited data? The only idea that I have (if this works) is to switch myself to be the account owner and have my parents dropped and let them start a new account, leaving everything that I have intact. My father doesn't need unlimited, he barely uses 1GB/month. Would this work or are there any other ideas? Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Leave family's account and keep unlimited data?
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Who is the account owner in your current family plan? You or your dad?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jn1123
Enthusiast - Level 1

My dad.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Knowing your plan options before making changes is very important jn1123. I am happy to inform you that you may process an Assumption Of Liability to transfer the number into your name and ssn. If you currently have a grandfathered unlimited data plan, this will cary over to your new account. For more information regarding our Assumption Of Liability process click, http://vz.to/1c3myY0

Thank You,
MichelleL_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes