Text message scam?
Mike68319

Here is an odd situation, I recently subscribed to a feature called caller id name for mobile services. I actually added this feature to my phone last week. Now I am not sure if the feature has anything to do with it but there is another Verizon Wireless subscriber who is getting a text message saying "This person has been searching for you in white pages and to call the following number to see who it is" the phone number provided is my cell phone number. Now this has happened twice to two different people, and I don't know them and they don't know me.  I know I never subscribed to White Pages let alone give them my cell phone number. Is anybody else having this problem or am I just going crazy?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Text message scam?
B33
Legend

Mike I would Call Customer Service Right away and get that Straightened out)  Here is there No. 1-800-922-0204 or *611 by Mobile  Customer Service ours are from  6:00  to 11:00 Pm 7  Days a Week.. b33  

0 Likes
Re: Text message scam?
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Is the Caller ID for Mobile services a Verizon service or a third party app?  If it's a third party app, I'd be concerned that it's at the root of this.  Can you uninstall or disable it and see if the text messages stop?

Is it a service (similar to landline caller ID) that gives you the name of the caller on your cell phone, even if they are not in your contacts?

0 Likes