Verizon trade in is a rip off!!!
Rattlers7380
Enthusiast - Level 2

I traded in my iPhone 5 32gb on Sept 20th only reason was cause I was told I would get 325 trade in for my phone. Now a month later after two weeks of calling just to be told they would call me back I get a email saying my phone won't power on. My phone was working fine till they got it. I'm not the only person with this problem just look it up online they will take your phone tell you there is a problem with it. Won't return your calls when you call they just say they don't know what's going on. Way to go Verizon looks like your going to lose my business probably a lot more too!

Labels (1)
Re: Verizon trade in is a rip off!!!
vikodlak
Enthusiast - Level 3

The FAQ page says you have to turn off the find my iPhone feature before sending it in or they will treat it like it doesnt power on. I'm not sure why that little peice of IMPORTANT information isnt made clear when you input your info or receive your return package. Seems like someone might want to know that before sending in their iPhone.

I have still not received the promised callback from the trade-in customer service people nor have I received my virtual gift card. My bill is now past do because I was expecting this promised $200! I've sold several old phones on eBay but thought I would give this a try because of the supposed guaranteed  value of the iPhone. Now I have no phone AND no money/gift card. As far as I can tell this program is a scam borderlineing theft.     

Rattlers7380
Enthusiast - Level 2
I deleted everything off my phone. It was back to original settings, I even went into my cloud to check to see if I could find my phone but no device was on. Do you think that it might have turned on somehow? I never used it before or cloud. Don't expect them to call you back they won't!
0 Likes
vikodlak
Enthusiast - Level 3

If you reset your phone then that would "turn off" the find my iphone feature. I guess its just a case of the trade-in workers not understanding that a phone must be charged before it will turn on 😕

0 Likes