Coverage in Western WI is poor in many areas.
ktlarson
Enthusiast - Level 2

It is so frustrating to live in a community in Western WI that is not far from the Twin Cities metro area of MN, where our cell phone coverage for Verizon is awful. Many people in this area commute to/from the Minneapolis/St. Paul MN area and rely on their cell phones. We recently moved from an area in Western WI where we were lucky to get 3-4 bars of service with Verizon, to an area seven miles away (yet closer to a larger town) where we are lucky to get 1, possibly 2, bars at any given time (as poor as -105 to those who use the field test mode on their phones). Sadly, with my work AT&T mobile phone, I get 4 bars of 4G coverage at our new house. Who knew? I have been a customer of Verizon for years. I actually started with Alltel back in 2004 and stayed with Verizon when they acquired Alltel. Of course, I renewed my contract and actually expanded service to smart phones this past May, only to move to the new place and have horrible signal strength. I'm locked in for two years to a company that is not interested in expanding service to this area, in a time when cell phones are becoming the "only" phone that people have, as land lines are becoming obsolete, and people are locked into contracts. We are just a drop in Verizon's bucket in this area, and it's sad that they don't seem to care about coverage here. If I wouldn't have to pay exorbitant cancellation fees (four lines) with Verizon, I would switch to AT&T in a heartbeat. Verizon doesn't offer anything to its customers to keep them, so AT&T will be our next choice...when we can finally leave Verizon...I think it'll take a miracle for Verizon to ever expand service into this region; people have already been waiting for years. Yet, we have vacant land in an even smaller town in WI, even further away from a larger town, and we get 3 bars of service on 40 acres. Really? Because it's such a populated area? Ridiculous. I'm not even asking for 4G service here...just 3G for making phone calls. Ugh. I feel like I'm living in the Dark Ages here.

Labels (1)
0 Likes